Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, weekend retreat or an adventure of a lifetime, we offer useful information that will help you every step of the way.
- Thought for foodies: Turning Japanese in New York City
On a nondescript street in the East Village, guide book author discovers a culinary wave of specialties usually not seen outside of the Land of the Rising Sun
- Top 10 free campsites around the world
Travel site Cheapflights.ca chooses locations around the world
- Rick Steves, Lisbon: Land of cod croquettes and cherry brandy
With a rich culture, stunning vistas and friendly people, Portugal’s capital city remains a rewarding destination for travellers
- From coast-to-coast, noteworthy destinations for the perfect fall road trip
Travel writer Jim Byers shares his tips for the best places to take in the season’s glorious colours
- Fare Deals, Nuit Blanche: Hotels accommodation packages
Hotels in Kennebunkport, Maine offer three-for-two package, hotels on Amelia Island in Florida post seasonal rates, and Goway posts big discount on train journeys from Bangkok to Singapore
- Iceland: Riding horses of heritage
Icelandic horses aren’t simply a novelty; they’re integral to the local culture.
- Festival highlights from Toronto's Word on the Street
New Canadian books and hundreds of authors, including Claire Cameron, Frances Itani and Kenneth Oppel, take the stage at Sunday's literary festival.
- Rick Steves, Italy: Here, my wife’s a good fork?!?
Communicating with Italians is a joyous adventure and they can tell us a thing or two about enjoying conversation to the full
- Rhine, Germany: Tracing Jewish history
A haunting past informs major German landmarks and traces the contribution of the Jews to German life and the discrimination against them
- Disney Magic Caribbean: Deal for Canadians on sailings
Myrtle Beach deals on accommodation, attractions and dining; Puerto Rico Hilton hotels participate in Fall-Free-Night promotion, plus Daytona Beach Shores resort marks 40th anniversary
- Saskatoon: Food and hotels to rival Toronto and a cool new vibe
Amazing food, hotels and a cool new vibe will blow you away
- Fare Deals: Kids free in San Diego throughout October
San Diego kicks off Kids Free month in October, with free admission to attractions, meals on the house and tons of other great perks for youngsters all month long.
- Flightseeing: Flying high over B.C.’s glaciers
It’s sightseeing, by plane. And it’s one of this country’s best kept secrets
- Far-out East: Chasing the whimsical in Taiwan
From a toilet-themed restaurant to markets that sell everything under the sun (selfie stick, anyone?), one thing’s for certain: in this tiny island nation, you’ll never be bored.
- ‘Tornadoes of tree swallows’ on the Connecticut River leave bird-watchers mesmerized
No one really understands why hundreds of thousands of tree swallows descend nightly on a small island on the lower Connecticut River, from late August to early October, in preparation for their long migration south. But the spectacle leaves mesmerized viewers pondering the mystery and magic of what they have witnessed — hundreds of thousands of them, inky flecks in a dusky pink sky.
- Travel Canada: Yukon strikes all the right notes
With its rich history and unparalleled beauty, you won’t soon forget Canada’s wild north
- Hudson Valley: Strollin’ on the river
A short drive north of New York City, autumn is the perfect time to visit the Hudson Valley region
- Fare Deals: Discover the Cabot Trail at a discount this fall
Maxxim Vacations offering its Cabot Trail Discovery Tour with a $50 per person discount, for travel through Oct. 31, as part of its new Fall Savings promotion.
- Charlotte, N.C.: Soaking up the new Old South
From the NASCAR Hall of Fame to juke joints and blues, ‘Queen City’ leaving turbulent past behind for bright future
- Zip-lining in Mont-Tremblant, Que.: Clip in, fall back — and fly
Designed for thrill-seekers 7 and up, Mont-Tremblant zip line tour offers breathtaking views of the famed Laurentians