Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, weekend retreat or an adventure of a lifetime, we offer useful information that will help you every step of the way.
- In San Antonio, southeast Asian fare makes me forget basketball
At the city’s Culinaria Festival, the writer meets chef David Gilbert, a Torontonian, whose passion for Thai cuisine is truly inviting
- Lake Erie: Small town charm on Ontario’s south shore
Lake Erie is characterized by a gentle landscape, good beaches, great food, adorable inns and laid-back, unpretentious people
- Glasgow, Scotland: 2 Days, 2 Nights
Gritty Scottish city has evolved into a hub for night-life and culture, and boasts charming leafy enclaves
- Your Questions: What’s with these misleading travel prices?
Visually impaired reader wants to know why prices do not appear to be consistent in what they include
- Fare Deals: Lake Louise Inn promotes Walk-Amongst-the-Larches package
Disney World Resort Hotels post seasonal rates for getaways, Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa offers savings worth 25 per cent, economy class seat sale to Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia
- Prince Edward Island: Searching for Anne of Green Gables
A writer for the New York Times makes a pilgrimage to one of Canada’s iconic destinations and finds the landscape just as it was described
- Rick Steves, Europe: Following the siren call of serendipity
Should you encounter insurmountable obstacles getting somewhere, change routes and go somewhere else!
- Fare Deals, Las Vegas: At the Monte Carlo, a unique menu for Canadian Appreciation Month
Un-Cruise Adventures’ sailings in Baja, Mexico, come with a discount, Air Canada Vacations’ China and Hong Kong promotion expires on Sunday, and Red Roof Inns offer 15 per cent off for older travellers
- Deerhurst Resort: Chilling with an old friend, and escaping urban stress
The Muskoka resort boast lots to do and great entertainment choices
- Orkney islands: A short hop between sleepy isles gets you airborne . . . briefly
Walks along a wild, rocky shoreline reveal seabirds wheeling around the cliffs below
- Portugal, Sintra: Outside Lisbon, a verdant world of castles and palaces
Cradled in its own mirco-climate, the rocky outcrop of Sintra provided, for centuries, a hideaway for Portuguese kings and queens
- On Tour, golf: Golfers tee it up with help from boats, planes and helicopters
Arriving in style at these courses lends a unique feel to the golfing experience
- San Francisco, Tenderloin: Suds, scents and soup
Dodgy district attracts boutiques, galleries, pubs as young urbanites frequent the area
- Portland, Oregon: Shift into the city spirit with a bike tour around town!
Eccentric bastion of smart urban planning celebrates life on two wheels with a host of humourous events
- New Zealand: Why take a selfie, when you can do a “dronie?”
New Zealand hotels take photographing yourself the extra step
- Mont Tremblant, Québec, Laurentians: Take a road trip, just leave the car at home!
Mont Tremblant, Québec, is quickly becoming Canada’s cycling Mecca
- Fare Deals: Mont Tremblant promotion until Sept. 3 offers discounts
Price for DH Tours’ London Off-Season Show & Shopping Week trip remains the same, small-ship Scotland cruises come with a 10 per cent discount, and The Crane in Barbados slashes rates through Oct. 31
- Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Evidence of The Troubles, the sectarian conflict that raged here in the latter half of the last century, now lend character to an increasingly cosmopolitan city
- Rick Steves, France: French culture
Experts in living well, the French can teach us a thing or two about enjoying life
- Fare Deals: Ten per cent discounts on Euro tours
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach discounts fall and winter rates; Hotel & Spa in Delray Beach, Florida, offers four nights for the price of three, and AmaWaterways reduces rates on balcony staterooms on European river cruises